This summer, the Liberty STEM Alliance will be kicking off their inaugural Hudson County Tri-District Hack-A-Thon, a marathon software and hardware product creation event. At the Hudson County Tri-District Hack-A-Thon, fifth through eighth grade students of all backgrounds will be challenged to use coding and technology to solve a current problem facing Hudson County.
The Hackathon will be held at the Liberty Science Center on June 2nd, 2018, and will run from 9am to 4:30pm.
The Alliance’s Hack-A-Thon planning committee is seeking assistance in spreading the word about the event, as well as identifying individuals who can volunteer their time or donate resources to make this event a success.
The planning committee is currently seeking:
- Food vendors to donate any or all of the following meals: breakfast, lunch, snacks.
- Volunteers to help with event set-up, event registration, day-of logistics, and event cleanup.
- College or graduate student mentors to assist the students as they design their projects.
- Business and industry mentors to assist the students as they design their projects.
- Business and industry partners who can provide judges to determine the Hack-A-Thon winner.
- Funding support to assist with event costs.
To volunteer, please fill out the quick form here.
If you are interested in getting involved, or if you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback to share, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with:
Liberty STEM Alliance
Hack-A-Thon Planning Committee
We at the NJSPN simply cannot wait to see what the students of Hudson County come up with!