- This event has passed.
Food Industry Partnership: Workforce Needs Assessment
December 12, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Brought to you by the ManufactureNJ Talent Network An initiative of the NJ Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development (NJLWD), and A Partnership of NJIT and the Rutgers Food Innovation Center
Attention NJ Food Processors:
Your Attendance and Participation are desired at this Key Workshop and Brainstorming Session, which will be held immediately preceding a Complimentary Dinner & Networking Event of the NJ Food Processors Association (NJFPA)
The ManufactureNJ Talent Network is hosting this Food Industry Targeted Industry Partnership (FoodTIP) that will Identify skill gaps in our food industry, and develop strategies to meet the skill needs of employers and facilitate creating career pathways for our workforce. Benefits of attending this program include the following:
- Gain the distinction of becoming an industry champion and receive priority on applications for NJLWD state training grants.
- Access the $5 million Targeted Industry Partnership fund (TIP fund), which will fund the implementation of your strongest workforce investment ideas that you will help develop.
- Spearhead discussion on the priorities of our industry with business, workforce, education, and state officials.
- Network with regional businesses to promote innovation, collaboration, and efficiency.
- Help identify workforce needs and common skill gaps to determine in-demand skills, abilities, and credentials, and develop a workforce strategy to and close skill gaps.
You must pre-register separately to attend either or both of these complementary meetings: