Delran Township School District
K-12 Supervisor of Science, Technology, Engineering, Co-Coordinator of STEM Programming and Sustainability Program Coordinator
Mary Jo Hutchinson
K-12 Supervisor of Mathematics, Business, & Robotics, Co-Coordinator of STEM Programming
Who We Are
Delran STEM Ecosystem Alliance is comprised of industry leaders, community organizations, higher education institutions, teachers, parents and pre-school partners. Stakeholders include Lockheed Martin, Department of Motor Vehicles, Radwell International, Princetel, Barnes & Noble, PSE&G, Perkins Center for the Arts, Princeton University, The University of Kentucky, Rider University, and Rowan College at Burlington County.
The Alliance serves 3,000 students in Delran, Burlington County by preparing them to achieve proficiency in STEM fields. We focus on the underlying principles 0f pointing girls and historically underrepresented students toward role models in STEM; seeking out and successfully engaging young people to participate in high-quality, diverse and interconnected STEM learning experiences; and underscoring that STEM careers lead to meaningful careers.
Delran Fabrication Laboratory
This state-of-the-art facility will provide students and faculty with widespread access to modern means for invention focused on robotics, engineering and modern day challenges, including an assortment of flexible computer-controlled and industrial-grade fabrication tools. The Delran ‘Fab Lab’ is currently in production.
STEAM Summer Camp and STEM Academy
Our Annual STEM Fair showcasing STEM Activities that have taken place throughout the school district, and highlighting the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math activities that occur everyday in many different careers and businesses in Burlington County.
Green Teams, led by eight Sustainability Project Managers. Earned the esteemed Collaboration Award for their work with the Municipal Green Team. Sustainable Jersey for Schools is a certification program for New Jersey public schools that want to go green, conserve resources and take steps to create a brighter future. Nonprofit organization that provides tools, training and financial incentives to support and reward schools as they pursue sustainability programs, in the areas of “people”, “planet” and “prosperity”.
Grades 1-2 participate in FIRST LEGO League Jr. activities.
Grades 3-5 build LEGO EV3 robots and complete Space Challenge activities.
Grades 6-8 participate in FIRST LEGO League competitions.
Robotics team competes in the VEX Robotics Competition.
- Barnes & Noble: Marybeth Montgomery, Community Business Development Manager
- Delran Education Association: Amy Yodis, President
- Delran Education Foundation: Geoff Weber
- Delran Municipal Government: Mayor Ken Paris
- Delran PTO: Leanne Burkes and Bree Crossley, PTO Presidents and STEM Representative
- Delran Township Schools: Dr. Brian Brotschul
- Lockheed Martin: Allan Croly
- Perkins Center for the Arts: Allison Hunt, Manager of ARTS Education Programs & Associate Summer Camp Manager
- Princetel Industries: Barry Zhang, CEO
- Princeton University Chemistry Department: Aubrey Paris,NSF Graduate Research Fellow, Bocarsly Lab; Princeton University Department of Chemistry; Princeton Energy and Climate Scholar
- PSE&G: Maria Spina, Foundation Program Officer
- Radwell, International: John Radwell, VP Customer Satisfaction
- Research & Development Council of New Jersey: Kim Case, Executive Director; Shirley Guzman, Account Executive
- Rider University: Dr. Kathy Brown
- Rowan College at Burlington County: Dr. Edem Tetteh ; Dean of STEM & Anna Payanzo-Cotton, VP of Workforce Development and Dr. Elizabeth Price, Assistant Dean of STEM
- Schneider Electric: Dan Riggle, Account Executive Energy and Sustainability Services
- Simon and Schuster: Carly Gallager, HR Generalist
- Sustainable Delran: Bill Curzie, Chairman
- Sustainable Jersey for Schools: Heather McCall, Sustainable Jersey for Schools
- US Army: Ian Lowenstein, Sargent
- US Navy: Commander Mike Thompson