Hosting Organization: Otto Bruyns Public Library of Northfield
Dates: March 2, 9, 16, 22, 2019
Learners Impacted: 110
We explored how Magic Illusions utilize STEM concepts to entertain us all. Some of the concepts we explored were:
- Discovering a metal that is liquid at 85 degrees. We used this metal Gallium to make a spoon that disappeared in warm water.
- -We created a board of 36 mouse traps that were set, sprinkled with playing cards and then a young volunteer found a selected card as the mouse traps tripped. Makers performed followed by a professional magician.
- We used our coding skills to program Microbits which we used to appear to read spectator’s minds.
- We constructed a helmet with a spinning “Hyno” disk. This required soldering, wires, and motors.
- We modified a deck of cards to allow the performer to “force” a card on a spectator.